I've found Him.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
Friday, February 12, 2010
Last blogged @ 2/12/2010 07:37:00 PM

Finally it is my 10th week of PRCP..

2 more weeks to go..

So far an update of my progress of my learning journey.....

As right now I do not have a preceptor, so my "preceptor" will be any staff nurses that is on the same team with me... Thank God that most of them their standards are quite similar so there's not much a problem in working well with them... Well, out of the PRCP, i took 2 MCs so far and hopefully a fullstop also.. Now can manage the workflow more better.. But of course there are many things needed to follow up as well and also the critical pop up cases... No longer so afraid of how am I going to handle but to always trusting in God for everything and throughout my shift... Prayers does a lot different... Prayers calms me and somehow the workflow reveals God's grace...

But today i felt very frustrated.... Grrr....It has to do with the Assisant Nurse on shift with me and my staff nurse... Even my SN also comment that we have "AN" like as though we dont have.. We have to help out in her duty.. What pissed me off is, she really likes to take her own sweet time and always ready to defend herself if she were being questioned. Always have excuses and grumbles much before she starts doing her work... And another thing that pissed me off is, she always likes to pull us student to do her work for her and end up we couldnt follow much of Doctors' round and doing the changes or orders that Dr gave... Only the SN in charge able to do it... This is my 2nd time working with the "AN"... These 2 encounters really sucks.. I can see also the SNs also doesnt like to team with her... But well... got no choice, have to work as a team ma... As I asked her how long she been working in the ward, she said a year plus... And in my mind, 1 year should be enough for an "AN" to be competent in her daily routine and able to manage it much more better... Not for boasting, as i recalled when i was a "AN" before for less than a year, my ward sister already assigned me to be a precepter to a newbie.... I have learnt that having a correct attitude and responsibilites keeps up to be a good "AN".. if not it will be very difficult... But for this "AN" , i really cant stand her... Even the ward sister had spoken to her upteen time, i believe this "AN" wouldnt bother much about her feedbacks or scolding session... Is sad for her though.... She always complaint that she is stress.. But come on lor, who are not stress??? Of course is stress but as a staff needed to cope and handle the stress and workload and always tried to do it better... well... she is only 19yrs old... probably she is still very young and doesnt appreciate it...

Well, most probably i might resume my AN role in this ward after my PRCP... I want to let her see that being an AN must be responsible and carries proper attitude and work as a team with the SNs as well...

Hai... the way I put it across may really putting her down but i just want to ventilate it out of my views... I really cant tolerate lazy AN!!!

I am not boasting i am very good either but i feel all of these are very basic of being a nurse.... Because life is in our hands... The work of our hands may determine patients life or death...

Right now, i can embrace better that my serving bond is for God's to build my character and prepare for his great usage.. Not as sian as before le... Thanks God for that!!

Even thought i also felt ill-treated by the ward sister either by words or action, i am thanksful that i am taking the cup of suffering with Christ. It is indeed quite tormenting and frustrating.... But God never fail to reminds me this truth... All of these are just for a little while.. I got to hang on unto Jesus and never let go... I know for sure He will always go before me and this battle belongs to God! I just need to obedient in waiting...

Of all that i going through, I Praise the Lord forever. For His grace and love towards me...


Photobucket
Tina Ong
23, Female
Christian
Nursing
TAGBOARD
ARCHIVES
November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 August 2008 September 2008 November 2008 May 2009 August 2009 September 2009 October 2009 November 2009 December 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 June 2010 July 2010 August 2010 October 2010 January 2011 April 2011 January 2012
FRIENDS
WENDYGOH
JW653B
JILL
SERENE
MATTHEW
CLAUDIA
JAMIE
JANNIE
VANESSA
WEBBIES
CHOOTHOMAS
PROPHECYNEWS
Credits
©2009 ElinaLyana. All rights reserved.